YouTube is a very famous and most used application for watching videos of all kinds and is also a forum for people to create their own channels to showcase their talents and abilities. It was founded on February 14, 2005, by Jawed Karim, Steve Chen, and Chad Hurley in San Mateo, California, United States.
It became very popular among people of every age in very little time after its release. Later on, the owners of YouTube sold the app to Google for $1.65 billion and from there it was controlled and run by Google management. It is by far one of the most popular platforms to enjoy all types of videos, be it movies, music, dramas, and many other things, and also allows you to create your own content which can later become a source of earning for the users.
YOUTUBE TO MP3 CONVERTERS:
As we know that many people are fond of YouTube and the videos they provide which is why they also want to enjoy this vast variety of videos offline. There is much MP3 software launched for the sole purpose of converting the YouTube videos into the MP3 format so that the user can enjoy the videos of their choice anywhere at any time, with or without the internet.
CONVERTERS FOR DESKTOP SOFTWARE:
Though the videos can be converted in any type of software or system the list we have made mainly focuses on the desktop software which has its own distinctive features and advantages. The built-in advantages this software come with are as follows;
- One of the plus points of this software is that it will allow the user to convert and download the respective video much faster than it would normally take to download or convert on browser-based websites.
- The second best feature is that this software allows you to enter and allows you to start using it without asking you to register or any of your personal information which makes the users very comfortable.
- The third advantage is that it allows the user to take out audios from several different YouTube videos at the same time, which is a very interesting feature for the users.
LIST OF TOP 5 YOUTUBE TO MP3 CONVERTERS, 2020:
To make it easy for the users to download or convert YouTube videos of their choice so they can enjoy the videos offline as well, many great MP3 converters have been launched till now. In this article, we will focus on the top 5 Youtube converters of 2020, that we have shortlisted through our research.
1. FREE YOUTUBE TO MP3 CONVERTER FROM DVDVIDEOSOFT:
One of the best converters is the DVDVideoSoft one which allows the users to download or convert any kind of audio from a video in just a few seconds and then they can enjoy it offline any time. All you have to know is how to do so which is also very easy as it just asks you to click on a few things and you are done.
- Additional Features:
Apart from its ability to download and convert YouTube videos, it also offers many additional features like;
- Adds the downloaded audio files to the new iTunes playlist.
- If the file is already present on your computer, it will automatically cancel the downloading.
- Allows the computer to shut down once the download is finished.
- Saves video thumbnails.
- The URLs are pasted from the clipboard automatically.
- Allows the download through a proxy.
- It is user friendly.
- It is very well-constructed.
- It has many additional features as mentioned above.
- It has a lot of ads and keeps giving ‘Get Premium’ pop-ups, which is very annoying for the user.
- The free version of it is not very handy as it doesn’t allow the user to download a full YouTube list. The free version is a bit slow and can perform one task at a time.
- The user needs to subscribe to its premium version in order to avail more facilities like downloading the whole list etc. Which is a little expensive, $69 per year, and $99 for unlimited services.
2. FREEMAKE YOUTUBE TO MP3 BOOM:
This is probably one of the best converters which allow the user to do so many things at one time. Through this one, the user can search the video or music of their own choice after which they can convert it to MP3, and at the same time can share it on different forums like Facebook, Twitter, etc.
- The most impressive feature of this one is that instead of searching the music on the browser and from there copying the URL to paste it on the converter, the user can just directly search the music or video of their own choice by typing the name in the search bar of the converter and from there they can easily download or convert it.
- It also allows you to search by using hashtags like #top100songs etc.
- It is free of cost.
- Doesn’t interrupt the user with unlimited ads.
- Allows you to download a complete YouTube playlist.
- Its UI style is a bit confusing and questionable.
- The composition options are not very impressive.
- Due to its MP3 format, it doesn’t allow us to choose the output audio format.
3. FREE VIDEO DOWNLOADER FOR YOUTUBE:
Now this one has very interesting properties as it allows you to download videos as well as MP3 audios from YouTube, at the same time. It allows you to save the videos in MP4 and WEBM format, while audios can be saved as MP3 and M4A format. Through this, you can download both video and audio of the same file.
- It is a user-friendly, well-designed tool.
- It is free of ads and additional applications.
- The downloading speed is impressive.
- Allows you to download complete YouTube playlists and channels.
- Helps the user to convert audio of their choice.
- Doesn’t offer a unique set of options.
4. 4K VIDEO DOWNLOADER:
This one is also a very well-designed software that allows you to download both videos as well as audios. All you have to do is copy the URL of the YouTube video or audio you want to download and simply paste it on its search bar and after that, click on the ‘extract’ button. It comes in many formats including 3GP, MKV, M4A, MP4, and OGG.
- Helps you to download and convert an entire YouTube playlist of up to 24 videos.
- Allows you to download videos and audios not just from YouTube, but many other sites as well such as Vimeo, Dailymotion, etc.
- Offers an impressive output quality settings structure.
- Unlike other converters, its free version has many facilities.
- You can operate it easily on a proxy.
- The free version lacks some features which are only available on its paid version.
- Highly dependent on good PC functioning.
5. ATUBE CATCHER:
Another amazing YouTube to MP3 converter which has many promising features like it allows you to download audio from YouTube of your own choice in different formats like OGG, WAV, MP3, WMA, and FLAC. it also allows the user to change the location of the audio, enable turbo mode and shut down the computer as soon as the task or download is completed.
- User friendly and totally free of cost.
- Allows the user to move downloaded material to any other folder.
- Allows the download of audio from many other websites as well.
- Offers many additional features and functions other than YouTube download.
- Too many ads.
- Does not allow to download playlists.
- Complicated UI.
These are the top 5 best YouTube to MP3 converters that are easy to use and are free of cost. Did it help you in downloading and converting YouTube videos or audio of your choice?