As technology continues to develop at a very rapid pace, new and innovative technical equipment emerges, this creates a big demand for specialised technicians who are qualified to transport, install and configure technical equipment. There are many devices and items of technical equipment that demand professional handling, which is what the white glove technician handles and with that in mind, here are just a few of the business sectors that rely heavily on the white glove logistics team.
- Gyms & Fitness Centres – The latest generation of hi-tech fitness equipment requires specialist installation from a leading UK company such as Rhenus High Tech, who service the entire UK mainland. Once installed, the technicians configure the equipment and can even teach gym staff how to manage the equipment from the control panel.
- Touch-Screen Information Boards – Museums and shopping malls are the main locations for touch screen information boards and they offer the consumer a wealth of information, all with a simple touch of the screen. We can expect to see this new technology more and more, as touch-screen devices become more and more interactive.
- Digital Advertising Screens – This is the new normal and these highly complex devices need specialist handling when installed or removed, plus they also require maintenance and repair, which is the domain of the white glove logistics provider.
- Banking & Finance – ATMs are very technical pieces of equipment and their installation and maintenance is enlisted to white glove technicians that are manufacturer-approved. The secure high-speed networks that stock markets use are set up by white glove technicians, which must be hack-proof, for obvious reasons. Click here for informative and engaging article on stock market.
- Medical Equipment – Scanners such as CT and MRI do require careful handling and the white glove logistics technician would have to attend workshops at the manufacturing facility in order to be approved to work with the equipment, which is highly technical and complex. This equipment often merges with AI technology and that demands expert application by technicians who are qualified to work with such high-tech equipment.
- Data Centre Relocation – Many retail companies have data centres to store their critical data and should the data centre require relocation, this is a job for white glove technicians who are trained in data centre installation and disassembly. Data centre installation is a highly technical operation and only technicians that are approved by the manufacturer can undertake such work.
- Final Mile Delivery – Final mile delivery is required when a large and complex piece of equipment is to be located at its final destination. An MRI scanner, for example, would be delivered to the hospital grounds at a pre-agreed location quite close to the equipment’s final destination, where the scanner would be secured, calibrated and tested.
- Full Technical Installation – Some equipment would require full technical installation and that can only be done by qualified personnel. The maker of such equipment would never allow unauthorised handling, which is why the white glove technicians must spend a lot of time learning about the equipment.
If you are looking for a challenging and rewarding career, white glove logistics might be the perfect choice and the demand for this sector is steadily increasing.